Monday, October 27, 2008

Getting Back Into the Groove

Being out of state for a week didn't do me any good. I have my weight in tomorrow and I am expecting to be up 3 pounds. That only means that I need to work harder this week and be more cautious of what I put into my mouth. I really need to stop and think if I am eating because something tastes good or am I eating because I really am hungry. I will update tomorrow night when I get home.
Tonight I decided to try something different for dinner. I have always heard about using spaghetti squash as a substitute for spaghetti noodles. I tried it tonight along with tomato sauce with ground turkey and it was fabulous without all the extra calories from the noodles. I didn't feel bad going back for a little bit more. I knew my family wouldn't touch it so I did make regular spaghetti for them. It was an easy substitution that I would be glad to try again.
I haven't worked out at the gym in two weeks now. Feeling like such a slacker. It sure would be nice to have some really positive stuff to write. I guess I should make that a goal of mine.

No comments: