Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Two Years Have Past?

What a roller coaster my life has seen.

Major car accident
Moved twice
Divorce
Bankruptcy

Basically any of those major life changing situations have been thrown in my direction. I dealt with the issues, and moved on. I filed for divorce in January 2010. I dropped 10 pounds in what seemed like overnight. After the shock and awe wore off, I became more motivated than ever to get in the best shape of my life. For so many years I was told that I couldn't do certain things by my ex. Divorce showed me that I can do what I set my mind to and that I am in control of my own life. Over the course of those 8 months, I signed up for a few 5k races and a 10k race. I knew if I paid for the races before beginning to train, it would increase my motivation. I ended up dropped 40 pounds and reached my short term goal of 199 pounds three days before my divorce was final. Unfortunately, this past year I returned to my old ways and was at my heaviest just a few weeks ago. Ski season is coming and if I don't drop some pounds, I might just end up skiing the mountain in my panties and my ski jacket.

No comments: